2020 Swift Basecamp
A Fun, Sporty and Stylish Compact Caravan
Swift Basecamp Plus is a 2-berth, single axle Compact Caravan with a difference. Basecamp is adventurous for a couple of good reasons; firstly, it's quite unlike any Caravan Swift have built before and secondly, this all new sporty, fun and stylish Crossover Caravan will undoubtedly be greatly appreciated by active adventurers. It’s the perfect caravan to base your outdoor pursuits from.
Whether you are into adrenaline fueled, fast paced activities, or just enjoy getting off the beaten track to explore the wilderness, Basecamp is the perfect place to rest and refuel, ready for your next big adventure.
Basecamp knows you love to make the most of your spare time; with a pre-packed kit bag and bikes safely loaded inside, you're ready to hit the road at a moments notice! As the end of the day draws to a close, Basecamp Plus is the perfect place to rest in comfort, head refreshed from the days activities and ready for tomorrow’s adventure.
Look out for the NEW Special Edition Basecamp - designed for action and harnessing all that is Basecamp, with the addition of some exclusive features to make your adventures even more enjoyable.
Now with Swift SMART 3 Construction
For 2020, all Basecamps feature SMART 3 constuction, the third generation of totally timberless SMART caravan construction featuring a revolutionary composite floor, comprising dual density foam core made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Strong, moisture proof 'PURe' Polyurethane timberless framed bodyshell with polystyrene insulation core (22mm in side walls, 28mm in roof)
- Robust GRP inner and outer balanced side walls
- 45mm 'sandwich' floor construction with GRP inner and outer skins, andn engineered structural foam core
- SRIM corner jointing system
Basecamp Plus has a fuel saving aerodynamic front shape with a closed-mould GRP front and gas locker door and graphite mouldings. It doesn't just look good it performs brilliantly too.
The SMART Plus bodyshell is strong, tough-wearing and well insulated to cope with life off the beaten track. It's a great alternative for camping enthusiasts, seeking a more luxurious alternative to a tent or trailer tent.
The design team at Swift has created a variety of stylish and funky optional graphic schemes to choose from, all of which complement the unique exterior profile.
Chunky graphite molding, along with chrome grab handles add distinct accents to create an exciting exterior appearance. Tinted double glazed windows and 14” Edge alloy wheels complete the sporty look. The Panoramic front opening window let's you take in the stunning views where ever you may be.
The interior has been cleverly designed with funky styling to, optimise space and provide plenty of storage, even for bulky sporting equipment, with access through a wide central rear door. The front profile sweeps up to a large panoramic front window and ties through to the rear panel. Below the front window is the housing for a gas bottle and spare wheel.
With just the right mix of comfort and convenience Basecamp Plus is full of compact charm. The comfortable light filled lounge is the perfect place to plan your next day’s adventure or relax and unwind. The interior colour scheme continues the graphite and burnt orange theme with 'Pareto' soft furnishings in a warm dark grey with burnt orange patterned parquet design cushions and practical Hessian woodgrain and contrasting furniture.
When you’ve been out all day working up an appetite, the Basecamp kitchen is a well-equipped refuelling station, allowing you to rustle up anything from a boiled egg to your favourite pasta dish. The kitchen includes a Thetford 3 burner hob and separate grill and a Dometic 85 litre electronic ignition fridge with removable freezer compartment and black gloss finish. A clever pop up docking station in the worktop houses 3 x 230V sockets (5 in total).
Clever storage solutions and a well-equipped washroom mean you can keep you and your Basecamp clean and tidy no matter what the elements throw at you. Instead of standard lockers there are removable ‘Canvas’ zipped storage bags. These can be filled on board or taken out and used as mobile ‘holdalls’ allowing quick and easy packing for last minute getaways.
With a new easier to use than ever before interface, Swift Command lets you stay connected to Basecamp Plus from your mobile while out in the wilderness via the clever Swift Command APP. The APP links you to the onboard Swift Command control system, all you need is a mobile signal. You can locate your Basecamp or even turn on the lights and heating for a welcoming return to camp.
READ MORE: New Swift Command Intelligent Control System
The perfect tool for touring, Swift Command technology includes a smart LCD control panel that has enhanced functions.
There is also an exciting, free downloadable app that links to the Swift Command unit, so you can be in control wherever you are with the convenience of your mobile device.
Access the clever onboard interface when nearby with Bluetooth or via your internet connection when remote. Track system levels like power, temperature, humidity and monitor the location of your vehicle.
Custom notification settings keep you informed of functions such as battery levels, frost alerts and alarm status.
Basecamp Plus may be compact but that doesn't mean you don't get to enjoy all the modern bells and whistles enjoyed by owners of other Swift caravans. From the Thetford Cassette Toilet, Ecocamel Orbit shower head with on/off button for a powerful shower to the Dometic 85 litre fridge, with removable freezer compartment and Whale dual fuel rapid water heater, every outdoor adventurer needs a little comfort now and then.
An Impressive List of Key Equipment:
- Swift Command control system with Thatcham Category 6 approved pro-active tracker
- Swift Command App allows certain functions to be controlled/monitored remotely
- Swift Command Intelligent power supply unit with LCD control panel; Functions include battery selection, battery state meter, lighting and water pump circuit controls, internal & external temperature, internal humidity levels, 230V load limiter (settable between 5 amps & 16 amps), solar panel charging levels, heating controls and Bluetooth connection
- Inboard semi-rigid fresh water pipes
- Large bore underslung rigid waste pipes
- High flow rate in-board pump for reliable, high performance water supply
- Ecocamel Orbit shower head with on/off button for a powerful shower that uses less water
- Fully protected mains electric system
- 25 amp switch mode charger/transformer
- Dometic 85 litre, electronic ignition fridge with removable freezer compartment, black effect finish and digital controls
- Thetford C402 toilet with electric flush and 18 litre wheeled waste tank
- Dual fuel space saving under-floor Whale heater with blown air central heating
- Whale dual fuel rapid water heater
- Thetford 3 burner hob and separate grill
- Five 230V sockets, three mounted in to the sink pop up docking station
- Gas regulator for Propane and Butane mounted on front bulkhead
- Isolation taps for gas appliances
- LED lighting for all interior lights including adjustable spotlights in lounge
- TV point with 230V, 12V and aerial sockets. (linked to optional aerial)
- 25 metre mains hook-up cable
Safety and Security
For anyone considering caravan ownership, security really ought to be a major factor when deciding which Caravan to buy. Caravan security has always been a priority at Swift, and an essential part of the development process. Swift Basecamp owners have a number of tools at their disposal including a high tech alarm system.
Incorporated into the Swift Command control system is a Thatcham Category 6 approved pro-active tracker system, which for an annual subscription fee allows the caravan to be tracked in real-time from any location.
All Swift caravans are fitted with high security locks, with an interior dead lock facility on the entrance door.
- Thatcham Category 6 approved pro-active tracker (subject to annual subscription)
- Convenient one-key high security locks
- Smoke alarm
- CRiS identity number to windows and caravan chassis
- Concealed security data chip within caravan construction
- Carbon monoxide detector
Swift Basecamp Plus
Swift Basecamp is equipped with many outstanding practical, functional and convenient features as standard but that isn't to say, Basecamp cannot be enhanced further. 'Basecamp Plus' is an optional 'factory fitted' upgrade package that takes useability to a whole new level.
In addition to the standard exterior graphics scheme, there are 12 modern and colourful graphics packages to choose from. Basecamp Plus includes the following additional features:
- 1000W Solar panel
- TV aerial
- TV bracket with travel lock
- External 230v mains point
- External BBQ point
- External cold water shower point
- External door flyscreen
- Oven with integral grill
2020 Basecamp Plus price is £18,785 excluding delivery.
An optional Vango Airbeam Awning with clip out bedroom is available at a hefty £925.00 however, we highly recommend the Kampa Rally AIR Pro 200, which in our opinion is a better product at £600.00.
Swift Basecamp Special Edition
Designed for action, the NEW Special Edition harnesses all that is Basecamp and adds exclusive features to make your adventures even more enjoyable.
- Special Edition exterior graphics pack
- 16” ‘Rim Fire’ Alloys
- Spare Alloy wheel in gas locker
- Rear door with window
- Exclusive ‘Tangerine’ soft furnishing scheme
- Soft touch wall pads with integrated storage pockets