How to Apply for a Number Plate for Your Caravan?


It's easy to apply for a Number Plate for your Caravan at Homestead Caravans... we are a registered and legal supplier of rear Number Plates for Caravans, Motor Homes, Trailer Tents and Trailers.

There's no appointment necessary when applying for a Number Plate however, it is worth mentioning that from time to time we may be out of stock of a digit due to supply issues. Thankfully however, this is quite a rare occurence but if you are travelling a long distance we recommend you give us a quick call on: 01255-830-229 just to be safe!

Please be aware that in order to apply for a Number Plate for your Caravan you must do so in person, as we are not permitted by law to supply Number Plates by mail order or via our website. The good news is, your Number Plate can be ready in minutes and it gives you a good excuse to head down to our Caravan and Outdoor Leisure superstore for a browse of our Camping, Motorhome and Caravan accessories.

In case you didn't know there are a few ORIGINAL supporting documents you must bring with you when requesting a Number Plate. This is very important to avoid criminals from acquiring false Number Plates to use in criminal activities. We have to be clear and say, if you do not provide valid documentation we will not be able to provide you with a Number Plate, no matter the circumstance!

We have listed below a series of approved documents you must bring with you, these original documents will help prove your identity and demonstate that you are entitled to claim ownership of the registration plate/number.

Identity & Proof of Address Documents

Please supply 'One' of the following documents from the list below to confirm your Name and Address:

  • Driving License.
  • Utility Bill, Council Tax or Rates Bill from the last 6 months.
  • Bank or Building Society Statement from the last 6 months.
  • National identity card.

Please be aware that the following documents will only confirm your Name.

  • Passport – doesn't have to be issued in the UK.
  • Bank or building society debit or credit card.
  • Police warrant card.
  • Armed forces identity card.

Providing Evidence that you are the Legal Registration Plate Owner.

Please supply 'One' of the following documents from the list below to confirm that you are the Legal Registration Plate Owner:

  • Vehicle registration certificate (V5c or V5CNI)
  • New keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI)
  • Certificate of entitlement (V750 or V5C/2NI) to the number.
  • Retention document (V778) – not applicable in Northern Ireland.
  • A renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11 or V11NI)
  • A number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or DVSA.
  • A letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference umber from the registration certificate.

READ MORE: Essential Towing Equipment Guide

All our Acrylic reflective yellow Number Plates display the Euro symbol and Great Britain (GB) national identifier, this means that you will not need a separate GB Sticker when Caravanning within the European Union. All our Number Plates are supplied with 3x 1mm self adhesive pads for quick and easy fitting to your Caravan.


Be the first to comment on this article

Post a comment

* = Required Field