For International deliveries or if your payment card is registered to an address outside of the UK and you would like to place an order with our company, please read the following information for guidance.
We currently deliver to the following destinations outside the UK:
- Isle of Man
- Channel Islands
- Republic of Ireland
In the near future we will be adding more European destinations.
Paying for goods
Orders placed for delivery to destinations outside the UK and/or orders made by holders of International payment cards must be processed online using our shopping cart. We are unable to process these orders over the telephone, although you may telephone for assistance on 01255-830-229 during office hours.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept payment using debit or credit cards registered to addresses outside the UK. This is because UK card payment service providers, such as Sagepay are unable to make use of the AVS or Address Verification System for payment cards registered outside the UK. AVS allows retailers to verify that the payment card being used to pay for goods is, registered to the billing address being provided to help prevent card payment fraud.
Despite the above payment restrictions we are very happy to confirm that International payments can be made using Paypal or by transferring funds directly into our business bank account.
Paypal payments and bank transfers
Our shopping cart has been configured to process International payments using Paypal payments and bank transfers.
To pay for goods via Paypal or bank transfer during Checkout, please follow the instructions below:
- On the 'My Basket' page under 'Delivery Method' select the delivery destination and click the 'Checkout & Pay' button.
- The following page titled 'My Details' includes fields for the delivery address and the billing address. Using the 'Country' selector it is possible to change the delivery and billing country for your order. Selecting a non UK billing address will automatically restrict payment methods to Paypal and BACS Bank Payments.
- The 4th and final stage of the checkout process(for the purpose of this example we have skipped step 3 of the Checkout process) is titled 'Payment'. Select either 'Paypal' or 'Bank Transfer' from the payments options available.
3.a Select 'Paypal' and you will be transferred to the Paypal website for payment processing or;
3.b Select 'Bank Transfer' to display our Natwest bank account details. Please make a note of the account data displayed, as this information will be required by your bank to set up a BACS transfer.
Please read the following important information before placing an order:
- When transferring funds to our account please take into account any fees that may be applied by the banks. Cleared funds should be equal to the full invoice amount. Please speak with your bank who should be able to arrange this for you.
- Goods cannot be sent until cleared funds arrive in our account.
- Please note that bank transfer times can vary depending upon the institution sending funds and the country. Therefore, to avoid disappointment we recommend you allow 5-working days for funds to clear.
- In respect to payments made using Paypal, we reserve the right to wait until funds have cleared into our bank account before sending goods.
Zero-rated VAT payments
Goods bound directly for the Channel Islands including Jersey and Guernsey will be exempt from UK VAT (zero-rated).
Goods bound directly for the Republic of Ireland are exempt from VAT (zero-rated), provided the person purchasing goods has a valid Irish VAT number(please provide during Checkout). If you do not have a valid Irish VAT number or are registered for VAT in the UK and are arranging for goods to be shipped to Ireland, UK VAT will be added to the prices of your goods at the prevailing rate of 20%.